The company website, email marketing and search marketing were both the most used and effective marketing channels in 2013. It’s no surprise then that they’re also the top three channels marketers plan to use in 2014.
Recent survey results from Experian’s 2014 Digital Marketer Benchmark & Trend Report shed light on the channels marketers find most important to their online strategy today and for the coming year:
- 66% of marketers found their website most effective in 2013, making it the top channel in the survey.
- The next most effective channels were email marketing at 59%, search marketing at 45%, and organic social media 24%.
- 29% of marketers plan to use organic social media in 2014, up 5% over those who found it effective in 2013.
- Only 5% plan to use radio advertising in 2014, making it the least popular channel in the survey.
- 5% of marketers found social display ads effective in 2013, while 12% plan to invest there this year.
- Even though 89% of consumers are using mobile each week, SMS text messaging will be used by just 6% of marketers in 2014.
- Online display advertising gains popularity; 24% of marketers plan to use it in 2014, up from 19% who found it effective in 2013.
See the full report from Experian for more useful cross-channel marketing insights to improve your marketing strategy for 2014 and beyond.